The Liebster Award
I was recently nominated as a recipient for the 2017 Liebster Award! I am so blown away about this and so excited, grateful, surprised, and honored.
I was nominated by Alisa from EECC Travels. I seriously can’t say enough about how grateful and honored I am that Alisa nominated me!! Her blog is all about travel and family, Disney and taking cruises. She has great video about their awesome vacations and has some sweet bucketlist destinations that are giving me all sorts of ideas! She has also personally given me some great tips for our upcoming Disney World trip! Check out her adventures at her blog EECC Travels!!
Thanks again Alisa for the nomination!! I can’t wait to follow along and see more of your family’s travels.
So what is the Liebster Award?
Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The Liebster Award is an internet award given to bloggers from fellow bloggers throughout the blogging community. The earliest award is known to be given in 2011 and it has grown ever since. The award provides a way for new bloggers to be discovered and share their blog, connect to and support others, and be recognized in the blogging community.
Read more about the Liebster Award and its details over at The Global Aussie!
A little bit about ME!
I wanted to introduce myself to anyone that may be new to my website or reintroduce myself to my followers. A couple of fun facts:
- I was born in Manhattan, Kansas- considered the Little Apple- and lived in Kansas until I was 7 years old.
- I met my husband while in high school. He was 17, I was 14 and I had a MAJOR crush on him. We were married in 2009 and I have now known him for exactly half of my life! He is my best friend and my true love.
- I have a fear of driving next to semi trucks! They should just drive on their own highways away from us! I have this fear because of multiple incidents- First, the first day I had my license and drove by myself, I was hit by a cement mixer truck while stopped waiting at a traffic light. It destroyed my dad’s Ford Explorer. Second, while on a road trip with my mom, the semi truck in front of us (while we were passing another semi truck no less) lost it’s trailer, as in the trailer came unhitched from the cab, and we would have hit it except for guardian angels and quick thinking driving. And third, when the Hubs and I were engaged we were driving in snowy conditions, hit a patch of black ice, slide out of our lane on a two lane highway and into the right lane where our tire hit the tire of a semi truck. Luckily, we bounced right off and came away with only a broken axle.
- Other than the first 7 years of my life, I grew up in Boise, Idaho and call the Northwest home. We recently moved to South Carolina for a new job and are loving the Southeast. Hence the inspiration for my blog name- East Coast Westerners. It’s been quite the change, but we are excited to plant some roots and explore!
- I gag when I eat yogurt and sometimes bananas. I don’t know why!
- I have two beautiful, adventurous, and rambunctious children. Bubs is 5 and Little Miss is 2. They are my world and the best exploration buddies!
- I was born with only one kidney, which is in the shape of a horse shoe. I didn’t know about this until I was pregnant with my first and we found it on an ultrasound.
- I love crafting, scrapbooking, decorating, and being organized.
- I have donated my hair to Locks of Love 5 times in the last 10 years, because it grows like none other and I go crazy when it gets too long. I’m currently thinking it’s time for a chop… who knows!
- I started my blog, East Coast Westerners, as a way to document and share our new adventures in our new home state. My hope is to encourage and inspire others to explore and travel as a family and create awesome family memories!
My nomination questions:
- If you could leave now and go anywhere in the world with cost not being an objective, where would you go and why?
- I would go to Italy in a heartbeat! The dream is to take a trip with the Hubs and see EVERYTHING! Rome, Florence, Vatican City, Pisa, Milan, Venice, Pompeii, you name it, I want to see it. I love history and took Art History in high school and college. I fell in love with the Sistine Chapel, the Duomo and more, and to see them in person would be a check on my bucket list.
- Where have you traveled that you would love to visit again?
- For our honeymoon we took a cruise which had a stop at Catalina Island. I would love to go back there and spend more time just relaxing, exploring, and enjoying the beautiful little town.
- Where would you travel just to eat food?
- Again, Italy! I LOVE Italian food- pizza, pasta, bread, cheese! Half of our time there would be spent seeing all the sights, the other half eating!
- What is your best travel tip?
- Be prepared and informed, but don’t over pack or over think. Just enjoy the time you have to see and do new things.
- Which historic site would you most like to visit?
- In the U.S.A., Alcatraz Island is so intriguing to me, and for a foreign destination, Stonehenge, also for its intrigue.
- What is the city in the USA you would most like to visit and why?
- Boston, Massachusetts, because of the history, the architecture, and the significance that city has for our nation.
- What is the city outside the USA you would most like to visit and why?
- This is tough! My bucket list is huge! But right now I really want to go to Reykjavik, Iceland. I want to see the Northern Lights and explore that beautiful area.
- Where was your first vacation ever?
- Growing up, my family always took road trips to see grandparents or little summer vacation trips to areas close by, but the first big trip I can remember taking was to Disneyland. I was 13 years old and it was still the most magical trip! So many family memories that we all still talk about even now that we’re grown.
- What is the best memory that you have while traveling?
- When my children played in the ocean, the Atlantic Ocean, for the first time! Their joy and excitement makes everything we do worth it.
- Name three locations or experiences on your bucket list and explain why you want to visit or experience them.
- 1. Pet a zebra. They are my favorite animal, and in my opinion, the most beautiful animals. 2. Hike in the Swiss Alps. We love the mountains and hiking. Many of our trips include hiking, and Switzerland would be a gorgeous place to trek through. 3. Visit and hike in every National Park (or at least every U.S.A. park). We have already been able to see a lot of them, but we have a lot more to go! Being able to get outdoors and enjoy our beautiful country is a great activity for our family.
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- Hiking Angels Landing in Zion National Park. I didn’t know I had a fear of heights, but doing that hike made it clear in some situations I do, and that was one of those situations. It was the most terrifying, yet most rewarding, thing I have ever done.
- Shayne- www.shayneandty.com– Shayne and her hubby Tyler are the CUTEST newlyweds and recently moved from Colorado to Georgia. Their blog has great insight and tips for travel, and even wedding planning! Show some support and follow them on their new adventure in life!
- Vessy- Feel Good and Travel– Vessy is originally from Bulgaria and now lives in the U.S. She and her young family are adventurers and explorers! With a part-time pilot for a hubby, she gets to take off and discover new places often. She has lots of great information for destinations and what it is like taking younger children (so helpful!). Check her out and follow for invaluable info!
- Jamie- It’s bLogical!– Jamie pretty much covers it all, and ROCKS it! Travel, food, life, health and beauty, she’s got it. As a mom of 5, she loves trying new things and traveling with the fam. Follow her for great tips, tricks, and life hacks!
- Kaitlyn- Bucketlist with Kait– Also a newlywed! Kaitlyn is adorable! She loves traveling and has an awesome bucket list she is checking off. She covers things about travel, food, life, and love. I’m thinking I need to create a bucket list page now…. Check her list out and follow along as she marks it off!
- Addie- Traveling Mrs.- Addie loves travel and doesn’t let excuses not to travel get in her way! She has great tips for destinations all over the globe, which she shares in hopes to encourage you to get out there and see places for yourself while she takes a lot of the guess work out of planning.
- Pernille- A Dash of Danish– Pernille is from Denmark, now living in the Midwest of the U.S. She integrates her Danish heritage into her blog beautifully and focuses on food, travel and design. Her food section is amazing! Check it out and feast your eyes, you won’t regret it!
- Jeneca- The Drive to Explore– Jeneca and her hubby Kyle are avid travelers, but not always in the traditional sense of the word. They believe you can explore and experience the world no matter your situation or circumstance. They have awesome tips and tricks for budget-friendly vacations and ideas to fuel your “drive to explore!”
For those of you I have nominated, go to The Global Aussie’s website for official rules and guidelines. You can find everything you need under the section, What to do if nominated for the Liebster Award. And then come back here and answer the questions below!
MY QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES:
Please answer these questions in your Liebster Award post. I can’t wait to read what you answer!
- Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in a book/series/animation/movie? What was that place?
- If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
- When do you find time to blog?
- What is the city in the USA you would most like to visit and why?
- If you could only take 1 more trip, where would you go?
- Which is your favorite holiday and why?
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
- Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?
- What is your favorite vacation you have taken- to where and why is it so memorable?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is that one post made by you that you like the most, and why?
I have been working so hard and having so much fun beginning my blog. I have learned so much from the blogging community and have enjoyed getting to know many people. I’m extremely grateful for this opportunity and this nomination! It is a boost of confidence and a validation that my hard work is being acknowledged. Thank you to everyone that have shown me their support and interest!
Jocelyn- East Coast Westerners
P.S. Check out my Feature Post about The Drive to Explore– one of my favorite blogs I follow. They are also a newer blog and I took the liberty of nominating them for the Liebster Award as well. Once you read some of their adventures, I bet you will love them just as much as I do!